BECOMING A RETAILER
- How do i become a retailer?
- You can join our network by filling out an application. Mail the application and your one-time $95 application fee to the Oklahoma Lottery.
- how much does it cost to become a lottery retailer?
- Becoming a Lottery retailer is very affordable at only $95. This includes a non-refundable $45 application fee and an annual $50 bond fee that must be paid before a retailer can be approved. If your application is not approved, you will be refunded the $50 bond fee.
- how much money can i make?
- You make 6% commission on every dollar you sell and a 0.75% cashing commission on every dollar you cash out. The more you sell and cash, the more you make.
- how do you collect my money and pay me?
- Lottery retailers simply set up a bank account "In Trust for the Oklahoma Lottery." We will transfer what you owe on a weekly basis via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). In the event we issue payment back to you, we will issue you a State of Oklahoma check. Commission will be deducted from what is owed.
- I have multiple locations. will i need a separate bank account for each?
- No, if your stores are operating under a single FEIN (Federal Employee Identification Number), you may use the one account.
- what type of support do you provide?
- We have 24x7 Technical support and a trained sales team. A Sales Representative will visit your store every two weeks and provide product updates, check inventory and provide sales numbers. Additionally, we will provide you with product displays and indoor/outdoor advertising at no cost.
- do I have a dedicated contact?
- Yes. In addition to 24x7 technical support you will have a Sales Representative who knows your region and is dedicated to your success. Your Sales Representative will answer any questions, address concerns and make recommendations to maximize your sales.
- how many scratcherS games is a retailer required to carry?
- We encourage retailers to offer our entire line of scratchers. However, each retail location is unique. A Lottery Sales Representative will work with your store's management to determine which games and how many will work best for your location.
- What is the age restriction for purchasing or redeeming lottery tickets?
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase or redeem any Lottery tickets. If you are unsure of the customer's age, we suggest you to ask for ID to verify.
- what types of payment are accepted to purchase lottery tickets.
- Currently, Lottery purchases are cash/debit only transactions
- what prize amount am i obligated to pay?
- You will cash winning tickets of $600 or less. Winning tickets that are $601 or greater must be cashed at an Authorized Oklahoma Lottery Claim Center or at the Oklahoma Lottery Offices in Oklahoma City. If you do not have enough cash on hand, you have the option to pay by business check or money order.
- what happens if my lottery inventory is lost, stolen or damaged?
- Our Security Department will assist you if any of these unfortunate situations occur.